LWVNM Nuclear Waste Storage Committee
Forum: Spent Nuclear Fuel
The consensus meeting was held Feb 2, 2021, online.
Documents Relating to the Proposed LWVNM Position for Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage Safety
The proposed position will be discussed at the Board Meeting on March 2021, and will be distributed before the meeting.
Specific References for SNF Storage Safety
- ref 1a nrc gtcc rulemeking- TX Public Meeting aug 2019.pdf
- ref 1b nrc gtcc slides tx aug 2019.pdf
- ref 2a Reprocessing SNF nrc glossary aug 2020.docx
- ref 2b Used Nuclear Fuel - reprocessing world nuclear association dec 2020 (2).docx
- ref 3 Surry dry cask storage 1986 nrc nov 24, 2020.docx
- ref 4 amp for extended snf storage.pdf
- ref 5 Agreement States NRC Backgrounder Dec 2020 ML20258A166.pdf
- ref 6 radiation exposure nrc march 20 2020.docx
- ref 7 PAAA indemnification and Agreement States nrc july 10 2020.docx
SNF Storage Safety General References - Member Education
- ref a - nrc rule continued snf storage 8-26-14 ML14238A326.pdf
- ref b - SNF Storage Q and A nrc 2020.docx
- ref c snf isfsi locations nrc nov 2020.pdf
- Ref d ML16179A148 2016 snf amp.pdf
- ref e backgrounder on storage of snf us nrc march 2020 ML051080331.pdf
- ref f dry cask storage of snf nrc backgrounder october 2016 ML062200058.pdf
- ref g Decommissioning US Reactors - SNF storage nei dec 2020.docx
2020 LWVLA Lunch with a Leader Presentation
- Interim Spent Nuclear Fuel Installations Safety Overview: slides from a talk by Bobbi Merryman at the LWV Los Alamos on Sep 15, 2020 .
2017 Study: Reference Documents – Spent Nuclear Fuel Storage, Transport, and Disposal
- Background Data & Fact Sheets
- Current US Spent Nuclear Fuel Status & Plans
- Additional Brochures & Fact Sheets available from Nuclear Utilities website – Nuclear Energy Institute.